Download the GIFT Application to fill out and send to Bonnie Pascal at email@example.com.
Green Initiative Funding Tomorrow – University of Virginia
What is G.I.F.T?
The Green Initiative Funding Tomorrow (GIFT) Grant is a fund that enables and empowers students to take an active role in ensuring UVA’s commitment to a sustainable future through the distribution of a $30,000 budget for sustainability initiatives.
- Projects must promote environmental sustainability on UVa’s campus, or in the capacity that on-campus activities influence sustainability off campus
- Projects must have a clearly-defined, measurable outcome.
- Project proposals may be submitted by UVa students, student organizations, staff, and faculty. Individuals and organizations outside of UVa may not submit proposals.
- Projects shall have received all necessary written approval by appropriate campus officials prior to consideration.
- It is to the discretion of the Grant Allocations Committee whether GIFT funding will support projects already mandated by law. GIFT will seek to fund projects which go above and beyond minimum requirements.
- All projects shall have a mechanism for evaluation and follow-up after funding has been dispersed. At minimum, a project plan must include a report made to the Grant Allocation Committee after successful (or unsuccessful) implementation. If a project is expected to have on-going benefits such as annual cost savings, the project plan must include a mechanism for tracking, recording, and reporting these benefits back to the Grant Allocation Committee on an (at least) annual basis.
- Projects must have student participation.
- Partisan or political advocacy focused project proposals shall not be eligible for funding.